Saturday, December 5, 2009

$9.21

That's all I have left for the year. I fear I will go over by a bit; however, I have $19.73 in rebates due in December (I hope!). Maybe if all the rebates come in, I wll make it. It's really important to me to be able to pull this off.

I can look back on the year and see where I could have cut back. I didn't have to buy that big bag of Glade products, even though there were great Qs for them and the $5 Target GC deal. I could have just walked away from it. I've bought way too much toothpaste, even though most of the time it has been for pennies, not dollars.

I am still leaning towards a $1,000 challenge for 2010. Tell me why I shouldn't. I'm open to your ideas.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Okay, here is your little pep talk for the week. You can do this!! I know you have a great stockpile to pull from for the rest of the month. What items do you need to fill in for the rest of the month? Milk? Bread? Do you still have some money left on your CVS giftcards? You should be able to get those things there. Fresh produce will be harder. Do you have a decent stockpile of frozen and canned fruit and vegetables? I will be routing for you. I beleive that you will be able to make your goal this year. I also beleive that you can do $1000 for next year.

Keep up the good work,
Tammy

vickib52 said...

My local CVS is a small store and they don't have milk there. I did notice in the past couple of weeks that they have bread. I have $71 in CVS GC that I have gotten at no cost. I have 3 bags of frozen strawberries, something I love. I have a lot of canned peaches to go with my corn flakes. You're right! I CAN do this! Yay, Team!

Tammy said...

What about Walgreens? Do they carry milk? If they do, I will keep my eye out for money makers or overage so you can use it for milk. I use my overage to get the small Gatorades for my son's lunches. They had several deals last week that resulted in overage. I got 4 six packs for about 50 cents each.

vickib52 said...

I can never actually get overage at my local Walgreens stores. Those cashiers watch that stuff like a hawk and I've even had some cashiers to refuse to even try to scan my coupons because, as one said, "You're already getting a good deal."

If I buy 2 more gallons of the house brand of milk at Bi-Lo by 12/26, I will have enough tokens for a free gallon. After that, I may start looking around at bigger CVS stores when I am about town. I won't drive across town just for that, but, when I'm at other areas, I will check.