Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Rebate Received Yesterday

The rebate was only $2.99, but, that's a big deal when you have less than $10 for the rest of the month. I now have about $12 to spend. I also still have $65 in CVS GC and still quite a bit of free Qs to redeem. I have a lot of Freshpet that I was going to redeem for my cousin. He's having a hard time and I wanted to help him feed his dog. I can't find this item in any store around here. I admit that I haven't been to Wal-Mart yet. I really hate spending money at WM. I think I will stop in, though, and see if they have this item. It's a refrigerated item, I think. I also have several Qs for a free box of a new Ronzoni pasta called "garden" something or other. I can't find them anywhere. I've even looked in Atlanta.

I'm in "cooking mode" today. So far, I've made a lemon pound cake (my dad loves mine, or so he says!), I've prepared a pound of taco beef, and boiled 4 eggs for making tuna salad. I've used 6 items out of stockpile in addition to 8 eggs and condiments from the fridge. I realize I've fallen down on my "3 a day" use of stockpile items, but, I'm trying to make up for it all today!

Heads up! My CVS manager just gave me the news that there will be MAJOR FARs on 2/14/09. He didn't go into detail, but, told me that I didn't want to miss it. I'll see if I can squeeze a little more information about it over the next few days.

5 comments:

Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...

I just spent a couple hours reading your blog(over a year of it) and cooking tacos, Your blog was full of taco talk so I just had to make some. Great blog I found it really very interesting. Lots about cats and their food but other than that very interesting. I'm so sorry about your dad I can see how this year has been hard for you all. Best wishes your new reader Paige.

vickib52 said...

Hi, Paige. Ah, the power of suggestion! You read about my taco merry-go-round and you just had to jump on! If you ever get the meat, lettuce, cheese, sour cream, salsa, and taco shells to all run out at the same time, I'll have to come up with some kind of prize for you.

I'm going to really try harder for the new year to post offers, freebies, etc. that will be helpful to the readers. I realize my need for another bag of cat food is not too interesting!

Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...

As long as you know. lol I know its out their but maybe you should make cat stuff its own category. Give your self a budget for the year just for the cats and see how little you can spend their. Just an idea because I see that as your (big) struggle. plz feel free not to take my advice. lol

Tammy said...

I think having to support the cats with your grocery budget makes it a little more exciting. A budget just for you might not be that big. I'm allergic to cats. And I like that there is someone like you to take care of so many.

Keep being you, there are lots of blogs out there posting deals. If there are any that you find really helpful, just post them in the blogs you read. I try to post a few deals and any great shopping trips. I also post a menu plan for our family of 4. If my daughter and I come up with a good recipe then I post it.

vickib52 said...

I look at it a bit like this; you wouldn't have a separate grocery budget for your kids. Just so, I consider my animals my family and therefore their food and litter are just a part of the grocery stuff. After all, considering them family is much like my real family; most of them ignore me, just like my cats!