Wednesday, December 2, 2009

What A Meal!

I took my dad to dinner last night. I was performing a mystery shop. Can't say where we went but he had a beautiful ribeye steak and I had an amazing fillet of salmon. His appetite is good. I'm thankful for that.

I took him to his radiation treatment today. The news is not good, but, we have high hopes. Quite frankly, the radiology oncologist was surprised that my dad was still alive. He had a lot of questions for him about his pain and how he was doing. Dad has committed to 10 radiation treatments for the next 2 weeks. After that, probably more chemo. I'm not sure, but, I think my dad is thinking of dropping out of treatment. The doctor told him today that without the radiation and chemo, he had 90 days or less. He didn't give an estimate of time if he continues with the treatments. I suspect it's not much more than that, although, I guess when you think you're making headway, it doesn't seem so bleak.

For those of you who are believers, I want you to know that my dad is ready to go. He has no fear of what may lie ahead of him after this life. I cannot be sad because I know that he will be walking streets of gold soon. To meet the Lord, to see your loved ones, it all must be so wonderful that our human minds cannot even process the glory. I have miscarried 3 times through the years. My dad will see his grandchildren before I see them!

Please forgive me for getting so off-topic. This blog is all about saving money and living on less. Sometimes, though, there are other things higher on my priority list. I hope you understand.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Honey, it is your blog...and I love the way you write from the heart.