Saturday, December 19, 2009

As You Can See, I've Gone Over

I'm disappointed in myself for not being able to do this. I had to buy cat food today and I redeemed those free Freshpet Qs for my nephew. It put me over by about $5.00. I still have a $4 rebate due, but, that's not going to "balance the books" this year. I will most certainly have to buy a few more groceries this year.

It's been a wild ride this year, watching my spending and poking around through stockpile for things I'd forgotten I had.

I guess I should set up some rules for next year's challenge. These are the things I can think of. If you have any other suggestions, please chime in.

I will spend no more than $1,000 out of pocket.
I can use any FREE GC received to reduce spending.
I can use grocery rebates to reduce spending. If I get a rebate for buying a computer or something like that, those do not count towards my groceries.
I will certainly be using coupons for nearly everything I buy.
If I sell stockpile at a yard sale or flea market, that money reduces spending.

What else?

No comments: