Thursday, December 3, 2009

I Blew It Today And It's Only December 3

I stopped in to buy some cat food today. Came out with over $32 worth of stuff. I guess I felt like that Stouffer's lasagna family sizes were too good a deal to refuse. I have a whopping $10 left for the year. I have about $10 in rebates due in December, but, boy, am I going to go sliding by the seat of my pants into 2010. For sure, I will be ignoring the Walgreens and CVS deals for the rest of the month.

I got all my Christmas baskets done and most have been delivered. I'm going to get the rest of them delivered tomorrow afternoon. I think my clients appreciate the thought, although they all say, "Oh, no, I can't eat that stuff!" Yeah, so what's a little chocolate in your stocking at Christmas? A moment on the lips, forever on the hips!

I can't believe that I am considering a $1,000 budget for 2010 when I can't even stay within $1,200 this year and I know prices are going up, up, up. Somebody, please, knock some sense into me!

2 comments:

jessica117 said...

i think your doing great for the amount of cats u keep that arnt yours...

vickib52 said...

Well, Jessica, that's one way of looking at it. I tend to think, though, that they are all mine and all yours and all my neighbors, etc. etc. God sends animals to people who will care for them, for the most part. I think it tells a lot about a person in how they treat animals. For some reason, dogs don't come to my house, although, two days ago, a coyote ran through my yard and into my woods up at the back of the house. I've been missing a cat for about 6 weeks. I think now I know what happened to him.

Oh, yeah, I live in the city, about 2 miles from the courthouse. What a coyote is doing in my neighborhood is beyond me.