Thursday, December 17, 2009

It's Coming Down To The Wire

I have a big $2.25 left for the year. I have $6.74 expected in the next couple of weeks from rebates.

I was able to buy about $20 of dog food for my nephew for just tax. I plan to do it again next week and the last day or so of the year. The Qs expire 12/31. It's a worthy cause. He's out of work. He and his wife had been living with his parents for several months and just got into their own place this month. He's a good kid, but, not exactly focused on the future. I guess that could be said of most of us at some time or another.

I received (3) $6 checks for Purina Cat Chow today. Woo-hoo! Good stuff! And, I just blew a big chunk of my CVS GC yesterday for a small bag of cat food. Bad timing, huh? That's O.K. It'll all work out sooner or later.

I had a nice meal with my parents today. We had to celebrate my birthday a couple of days early since my dad has chemo tomorrow and that always wastes him for a few days. I'll be taking him, of course. He is usually glassy-eyed when they finish with him on chemo day. They gave me an electric blanket for my birthday. I'm luxuriating under it right now. The cats have found a whole new heat source and don't have to sleep on top of me to absorb the body heat. They all look so content.

1 comment:

Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...

I think it was karma about the cats. My friends mom died and she had to go out of state for the week. Now I have dogs! not just 1 but 2, and a teenager. Pray for me I need it. I'm praying for your dad as well.