Sunday, December 6, 2009

I Have An Announcement To Make

Even though I haven't made it all the way through the year yet and seeing as how I only have $9 left for the month, you may think I'm crazy, but, here it is.

2010--$1,000 oop!!

Yes, I am going to get through the entire year on $1,000 out of pocket, depending on my stockpile and any free GC I may be able to obtain. I will also use any rebates to reduce my oop. That will be rebates or refunds for grocery and related purchases. If I buy a computer and get a rebate, that wouldn't count for groceries.

Ya'll are going to have to hold my feet to the fire for the next year. I see prices going up on everything, or else, they reduce the ounces and charge the same price. I'm definitely going against the upward trend by reducing my budget, but, you know, that's what makes it a real challenge.

Oh, I didn't get my "free" eggs yesterday. It snowed here yesterday morning and I expected that no one would show up at the flea market in the snow, so, I didn't go. It is several miles away and I just didn't think it worth the possibility of wasting gas to go and find no one there. I still have 2 dozen, so, I plan to go see the egg man next Saturday.

Just for those of you who are used to snow in the winter, I can tell you that it has been many, many years since we had snow in the fall. We don't even get one snow every year, but, when we do, it's usually in February or March.

5 comments:

Vivacious Jewel said...

I've been following you here and on HCW for the last year or so. You are truly an inspiration to me!

Tammy said...

You can do it! And I will definitely be here to help you out. What fun to have such an awesome goal.

vickib52 said...

Thanks for reading my blog. I am going to try harder to find good deals, freebies, and such to post for you to make it more valuable to you.

I'm really pumped after making my decision for 2010. I just "found" 12 boxes of oatmeal while poking around in the house. It's bad when you lose food!

Vivacious Jewel said...

Perhaps you already addressed this in a blog post that I missed, but how do you get so many giftcards? I have MyPoints, and I usually get a $10 Target card every 6 months or so, but you seem to get a lot. I was wondering how you do that.

vickib52 said...

Gift cards; at my CVS, the pharmacist called me aside one day and said, "I see that you transfer your prescriptions all over town." I told him I did it to get the GC. He said, "Keep them here and I will honor any competitor coupon when you get a refill." Now, most of my meds are paid by Medicare and they don't count, but, I have one that costs $129 a month that I have to have and sometimes I have others for a few months at a time.

Other gift cards; I participate in a program where I send in my junk email and snail mail of any offers of insurance of any kind, checking accounts, credit cards, mutual funds, investments, really, anything financial. I guess I get 10 a day just for term life. Anyway, I send all those in and at the end of the month, if I have 2,000 points, I get a $20 GC of my choice. I have been able to give a few referrals lately and I think I can still get a few more people signed up.