Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas To Everyone!

Let's all take a day off from couponing and spend the day with family and friends. For those of you brave enough to host the big dinner, I say, "good on ya!" I just hope you paid less than full price for all the food you will be serving. Knowing you got a good deal just makes it taste better, don't you think?

On the home front, I wanted to tell you that my step-mother fell on Tuesday and broke several bones in her face. She is not well to begin with and this is a big setback for her. In fact, when she went to the ER, her BP was 235/125. It's a wonder she hasn't had a stroke,or worse, with BP that high.

My dad had chemo on Wednesday of this week. He is always in bed for a couple of days afterwards, sick and unable to do anything. He perks up just in time for the next treatment. What a roller coaster ride that must be.

I'll be enjoying Christmas breakfast with a host of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Somehow, I always get out of dishwashing duty! That's a real holiday!

4 comments:

EasterFlower said...

Merry Christmas, Vicki!

vickib52 said...

Hi, EasterFlower, and thanks for reading my blog. I'm the first to admit it's not the most riveting read, but, I just talk like I would talk to a friend. I'm hoping to have more deals and such to post in the coming year.

EasterFlower said...

LOL! Vicki, you and I have talked several times over at hotcouponworld and in email. My name is Amy Lilly. I gave you a recipe last year for dump cake and more recently signed up for SBK at your suggestion.
I've followed your blog all year and think you did an outstanding job with your budget!

vickib52 said...

I know I printed out that recipe for dump cake, but, my cats have wreaked havoc in my recipes and I'm not sure it still exists (shredded, pooped on, etc.). Would you mind emailing that to me? vickiburtonlives@bigfoot.com Yes, my cats are out of control. They tell me what to do, I don't tell them what to do. I rescued a new one last Monday. I would like to think I'm only a foster mom, but, if I can't get rid of her, I guess she's mine. She's a sweet cat, but, I've just got too many. My tom cat came in yesterday with his eye POKED OUT! It's just a red orb, no cornea or iris, gooked up around the eye. It's horrible. He's been pretty quiet since yesterday, but, he's eating and drinking normally, so, I doubt there's much I can do for him except love him.