Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm Going To Bore You With More Cat Food News

I just sent off to Purina enough weight circles to get (3) $6 checks on my next purchases of large bags of cat food. I'm always looking for Purina weight circles, so, if you run across any, let me know and see what we can trade. Heck, if I can figure out how to trade egg cartons for eggs, I surely can figure out how to trade for Purina weight circles!

I have to admit that I didn't eat at home today. I had a Q and a GC for TGI Fridays. Enjoyed a really good meal and spent nothing out of pocket. I had gotten the GC to give as a gift to a friend for Christmas, but, we are "on the outs" and I decided to use the GC for myself. What if we make up before Christmas? Not likely. It's really hurtful as we have been best friends for 40 years, but, things change, people change, it's just gotten too hard to keep the relationship afloat. My therapist insists that she will call and make up before she needs another ride to the airport! That seems to be all she is interested in. Oops! I'm sorry. Too much information.

Just so you don't think I've changed my M.O., I have all the "fixin's" for tacos in the fridge. Once all the components are assembled, it's an easy meal.

I will be out of town Friday-Tuesday. I'll be online, though. I have 4 hotel mystery shops lined up. Dad is taking care of the animals while I am gone. I'm going to be able to see my paramour once or twice during that time. Yes, paramour. Old fashioned word, new age relationship. He is NOT a boyfriend. He doesn't qualify. We have, for 16 years, been sexual partners, nothing else. Well, I take that back. We both like baseball. That's actually the only thing we have in common. Oops! Once again, too much information! Oh, what the heck! I'm an old maid! I deserve a little recreation. Now, wouldn't ya'll just love to have a man who comes to your house, does his job, and leaves? You never have to cook him a meal, pick up his dirty socks or do his laundry. You never have to hear him snore or far*. I think I have a great deal!

Ah, well, good deals coming my way for cat food with the Purina checks I'm going to receive. If I'm lucky, my grocery store will have Purina as a BOGOF deal before long. THAT would be sweet.

9 comments:

Vivacious Jewel said...

This has to be one of the most interesting (not $-saving-related) posts that I've ever read! A bad friend and a paramour all in one post!

BTW- what's a weight circle?

vickib52 said...

Purina products have a "weight circle" on the side of the bag. It indicates what type of Purina product and the weight of the box or bag. The Purina Pro Club plan will accept these weight circles and reward you with checks to use on your future purchases. When I was a child (45 years ago) my dad raised dogs for 'coon hunting. In fact, he owned a night champion at one time. That's the highest "rank" a hunting dog can attain. Anyway, I was in charge of saving the weight circles and sending them in for redemption. That's how long Purina has been doing this program.

Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cheap&Sweet: Life on the scales said...

I found a cat coupon @ Food lion. Of course I thought of you and was wondering if you need them. you might be able to find them or already have them, but if not just let me know and Ill mail them off.

Save $4 when u buy litter(20lb or 14lb) and meow mix (14.2 or 16). Ex 1/15/2010

vickib52 said...

Thanks for the coupon offer, but, I stick with Purina Cat Chow all the time. I find that when I change their food, it upsets their systems. Read: very stinky litter box!

Jess said...

Hey! I found your blog through HCW. It's pretty interesting.. and you've made me crave tacos.. yum..

I was curious about the "weight circles" does it matter if the circle comes from cat or dog food? Because I buy Purina One for my dog and I can send you the weight circles for that if you can use it for cat food. :)

vickib52 said...

Hi, Jessica. I'm a member of the cat Pro Plan Club. There is also a Pro Plan Club for dogs. I can only redeem cat weight circles. Look around on HCW for someone looking for dog circles and make a killer trade. Or, if you care for 5 or more dogs, you qualify to join the club. I don't know the URL right off, but, if you google Purina Pro Plan Club (or something like that)you will find the application.

vickib52 said...

Jessica, I think this is where you want to look:

http://www.purinaproclub.com/

Jess said...

thanks vicki! i'll check that out, and look around for people that want my circles on HCW. my work computer decided that it was going to block your blog, so i haven't been able to read it since i posted.. i have a lot of catching up to do!