Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Ronzoni Garden Delight Pasta

O.K. I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed of what I did today. As I told you earlier, I bought 25 free Qs for Ronzoni Garden Delight pasta from someone at HCW. I've looked in every WM in town. I had found it last month in a city about 35 miles away. I had to be about half-way there on business today, so, I made the trip. I really had considered just letting the Qs expire because I knew I wouldn't find 25 of them on the shelf, even if I went there. As it turned out, I made the trip today and there were EXACTLY 25 boxes of rotini on the shelf. I bought 25 boxes = $41.00 and I paid $1.23 tax on all. I'd say I spent an extra gallon of gas from my last point of business to make the trip to Dalton. Not a bad return for $2.40 of gas.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be my "white elephant." I hope I like this stuff.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

You crack me up girl. 25 boxes of something that you haven't tried yet??? We like the Ronzoni pasta but haven't tried the Garden Delight. Is it the multi colored pasta? If it is, you can use it in pasta salad. I like tomatoes, black olives, cucumber and a little red onion with italian or ranch dressing. I know what you'll be taking to potlucks. LOL. Have a great day.


P.S. Are you signing up for the January challenge over at HCW?

vickib52 said...

Actually, Tammy, 30 boxes. I bought 5 last month when I found them and had that many Qs at the time. I stuck them away and never thought to try one before I went "whole hog." Stupid me.

I hadn't thought about doing the January challenge on HCW. I did it in November, I think, and stayed within my challenge.