Tuesday, December 1, 2009

$47.52

Well, I have $47.52 left for the month of December to stay within my $1,200 budget for the year. I made it through November on $31, so, this should be a cake-walk. I'll have to buy a couple of bags of cat food, but, I think I can keep MY spending to a minimum. Except for a loaf of bread, I can't think of a thing I need right now. Next Saturday, I'm going to the flea market and trade in my egg cartons for 3 dozen eggs. I haven't finished the last 3 dozen I received, but, I'm thinking of baking a couple of cakes this week, so, that should take care of a lot of them.

I'm currently holding onto about $85 in CVS GC. I receive them for pharmacy refills. Oh, yeah, my store finally got a scanner! I haven't gotten anything really good from it yet, but, I'm hopeful. I'm down to $1 in ECB. I know most of you are very good at rolling those ECBs and getting more and more. I'm not really into that too much. I get what I can and use what I want. I really don't see the sense in buying items that I will never use, even if they are FAR. It just chews down my GC and sometimes I can't find something to buy to roll my ECBs before they expire. That kind of forces me to buy stuff I don't need and I don't really like that.

I was taking stock today of all my free coupons for groceries. I have close to $100 worth of them. That's a good feeling. When you get down to nothing, there's free Qs for food!

Well, it's a new month and I see good things ahead. I'm heading out to dinner in a few minutes with my dad. It's important to spend time with him other than in doctors' offices. I will keep you updated on his progress.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm not sure where they are but I have a couple of really good quiche recipes. They would help use up those eggs and taste really good.

vickib52 said...

I haven't made a quiche in years! What a wonderful idea. That's something I can eat and can share with my dad. I'm sure he would like it. Actually, everything I've ever cooked or baked for him, he has said is delicious. He's such a liar because I know I'm a hit-or-miss cook. High calorie stuff is fine. I am at an ideal weight right now but don't eat much so it doesn't matter if I take on a few extra calories in a day. My dad, well, he needs to keep his weight up so high calorie stuff is great for him.