Saturday, August 16, 2008

And again, lazybones wins!

I probably shouldn't be so hard on myself for eating the single-serve entrees that I have in the freezer rather than planning and preparing a "scratch" dinner. I got them for practically nothing and, isn't that the whole point of couponing? A quick Italian dish, a glass of wine, and I call it done. My neighbor hasn't been getting a whole lot out of me lately, but, he's a decent cook and I don't think he's missing any meals just because I haven't taken anything to him.

I still have $2.71 left to spend on groceries this month. I have a few outstanding rebates, so, maybe something will come in soon. I am definitely going to use 2 of the buy 3 Kraft, get something free Qs. That will put me over the top, but, throwing them away just because I have hit my budget limit seems to me to be penny-wise and pound-foolish. I hope ya'll will forgive me if I go over my budget by $10 or $15 this month.

Even though I plan to spend a bit more on food this month, I will not be bringing any more body wash, shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, or toothbrushes in the house for a long time. I don't care how loudly the CVS and Walgreens ads call my name, I am not doing it!

No comments: