Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I really don't like leftovers.

I delivered the birthday cakes today. My mom wasn't home and I thought it unseemly to cut a piece for myself when she hadn't even seen it. I got a piece of dad's cake, though.

I just finished dinner. It was a repeat of last night. What I made last night was enough for 2 and I thought I may as well get it over with tonight and get rid of it. I forgot to eat my obligatory grilled cheese sandwich today! I really just forgot to eat until now, so, I had an early dinner. I'm thinking that tomorrow will be a spaghetti night. I have meat, pre-cooked, in the freezer and jars of sauce, boxes of spaghetti noodles. I really like tomato-based dishes. Italian is my favorite kind of food, I guess. It always goes well with a glass of wine and there's always that crusty garlic bread to go with it. Hmm, I think I just talked myself into it for tomorrow night.

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my free $25 Walgreens GC. I cashed in some MyPoints for it. Walgreens has Cottonelle TP at a good price this week and I have Qs. You can never have too much TP, right? I am, though, trying very hard to ignore the shampoo, toothpaste, and body wash deals for a long time. I have years' worth. I've also got to get more creative with rice. I suspect that I have 50 lbs. in the house. I have a microwave rice cooker; never used it, don't think I know how, not sure if I still have the directions. Besides a large stockpile, I've got all kinds of kitchen gadgets and pots and cookers that I hardly ever use, and unfortunately, not a lot of cabinet space.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going to make my challenge this month. I only have $4.85 left and today is only the 12th. I am very proud of making the challenge for July, though. I can see where I need to make improvements in spending, but, the cats have to eat! Also, I'm running out of dairy items. They lasted all through July which was a pretty big feat. Too bad they don't last forever. I have a surplus of sour cream right now and have got to buckle down and find some innovative ways to use it. I don't want to lose it.

Stick with me through the month, even though it looks like I'm going to have to dip into my pocket to make it through.

No comments: