Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dinner didn't turn out as planned last night.

Oh, I know I had you all anticipating my big spaghetti dinner last night, replete with crusty garlic bread and a glass of wine. When it came time to eat, though, I was hardly hungry, so, I just had 2 oz. of Jarlsburg cheese and 5 Ritz crackers. I'm sorry to get you all ready to hear about my culinary achievements, only to let you down by eating cheese and crackers!

I had to spend a bit more of my money yesterday for a loaf of bread. I now have only $2.71 left for the rest of the month. The cat food is going more quickly than I anticipated, so, I will probably have to buy more before the end of the month. I have 5 cats of my own and there's 2 or 3 strays, sometimes more, that come by at feeding time.

Since there is going to be baseball almost every night at dinnertime, expect that I will pull a frozen single-serve entree from the freezer most nights. You know, of course, that I must have my obligatory grilled cheese sandwich every day. Who knew you'd get tired of free cheese? I still have one more of those Qs to use before the end of this month. I will definitely use it, so, I will definitely go over my budget this month.

No comments: