Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I received a tiny boost yesterday.

I received a $2 rebate in the mail yesterday. That gives me $5.86 to last through Sunday. I have a few "oh, I have to use them" Qs, especially the Crystal Light free wyb 3. I never did get around to using any of the Planters nuts $3 wyb 3 items with it. Well, as we all know, the deals roll around on a schedule; they're will be more Qs and more deals later.

I'm glad I had all those Tai Pei and Michael Angelo's single serve frozen entrees. First of all, they were cheap, cheap, which is always welcome, and they are easy to prepare and just right for one person. I am glad to report that Sonny, my cat, got a piece of shrimp last night out of my shrimp fried rice dish. He loves shrimp so much that he will even eat just the tails if that's all I give him of it.

I'm not sure if I'm right about this because I have given up chasing the deals at CVS and Walgreens since I started my challenge, but, I've glanced through their weekly flyers and the rebate books and I just haven't seen anything that would motivate me to put my shoes on and go to the store. Of course, my challenge was not only spending much less each month on groceries, it was also about not bringing in more for the stockpile. I guess if they were giving it away, I'd break down and get it, :) but I don't think the deals have been nearly as good for the past 6 weeks or so. Am I missing something here?

No comments: