Friday, August 15, 2008

Laziness wins again!

Gee, I feel ashamed to admit that I didn't cook dinner again last night. I pulled a Michael Angelo's out of the freezer and had that during the baseball game.

I made my obligatory grilled cheese sandwich yesterday and as an added bonus, I cooked some bacon to put on it. Now, there were 4 strips of bacon in the container and I knew it had been in the fridge for a while and I needed to use it up. I cooked all 4 pieces, but, I was only going to use 2 pieces on my sandwich. I figured I'd put the other 2 pieces in the fridge for my next grilled cheese. Well, before I could turn around and put the bacon in the fridge, my cat, Sonny, had jumped on the stove, dragged the plate and all to the floor, and was merrily chomping on my bacon. He moves fast! Not to worry, though. The last time Hormel bacon was a BOGOF at my double coupon store, I stocked up. It keeps well and for a long time in the freezer.

I guess the dog days of summer are getting to me. Early in the day, I think of something great to prepare for dinner. When it comes time for dinner, though, it's muggy and the heat has sapped my energy and I just go for the easy stuff.

At least I haven't spent all my grocery money for the month. I may have to dip in my pocket before the 31st, but, I'm hoping to keep it low, low, low.

No comments: