Sunday, August 17, 2008

Glamour/CVS Offer

A couple of months ago, there was a rebate offer from Glamour Magazine and CVS. If you bought some Essence of Beauty items, you received a tote bag from Glamour. I don't recall if it was $10 worth of EOB or if it was 2 EOB items. Anyway, I think the rebate form was obtained online. I bought the required items and sent it in. I thought I would get some sample sized items in the tote bag and I would have been happy with that. I received it on Friday and I was delighted to find inside, Skin Effects Suncreen, Biore Cleanser, Biore Astringent, John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze, a package of 6 brushes from EOB, EOB body wash, EOB body mist, and Curel Foot Cream, all full-sized! Without going to CVS and pricing all the items, I'm guessing it's over $50 in product. It was definitely worth the purchase price of the original items to qualify for the rebate.

I'm afraid that today will be another day that I just pull a single-serve entree out of the freezer for dinner, and, maybe lunch, too! Baseball starts at 1:00pm and pretty much goes all the way through 10 or 11pm. My team, the Atlanta Braves, are not doing so well this year; however, that doesn't diminish my interest in watching. I guess it's even more thrilling when they actually win a game! Braves fans have taken the team for granted for so many years that now it's time for us to wake up and smell the coffee. They can't win the penant every year!

I intend to try to live off my stockpile for quite a while. July was just a "jump-start" on the process. All of you serious couponers know how much fun it is to chase the deals at CVS, Walgreens, etc. I am like you; I enjoy the thrill of the chase. I am trying very hard, though, to ignore the weekly deals. I would like to see just how far my stockpile will take me.

No comments: