Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I spent a small amount today, but, for a good cause.

I stayed in a hotel last night and, quite frankly, was too tired to go out and look for something to eat. The hotel had provided a package of cookies, so that and a coke was supper. I know you are disappointed in me for eating so badly. Anyway, the hotel was having a special promotion to help the area food bank. For a contribution of a canned good, you received $5 off your room rate. I found a local grocery and bought 2 packages of tuna, with a Q, of course! I gave those 2 items to the desk clerk and she took $10 off my room rate. So, I spent $1.78 for a $10 benefit. I guess that was a pretty good trade-off and I do like to support the area food banks. That leaves me with $17.68 for the rest of the month. I have a couple of outstanding rebates, so, maybe I'll get them in before the end of the month and actually have some jingle left in my pocket for the month.

I'm going to have to spend most of what I have left on cat food. I'm about out and the kitties are going through a growth spurt. Every time I put food out, they act like they haven't eaten in 2 days and it's only been 5 or 6 hours!

I'm embarrassed to tell you that I didn't eat dinner tonight, either. I made my obligatory grilled cheese sandwich this afternoon, ate 1/2, gave the cats 1/2. I have just not felt like eating anything else today. It's hot and muggy and just not conducive to eating or even thinking about eating. I promise to do better tomorrow. Yes, each day is a new day and I can start over again.

I'll be out of town Friday and Saturday, so, no meal preparation for most of the weekend. Thankfully, I have several restaurant gift cards that I can use while I'm out of town. Of course, restaurant expenses are not out of my grocery money. I have a separate budget line for that. I'll be visiting with relatives and don't know what the mealtimes will be like; at home or out?

No comments: