Sunday, August 3, 2008

I was a big spender today.

Rite Aid had advertised the Swiffer WetJet refills for 3.99. I went there only to find out that the store does not carry any Swiffer products. The manager said that the area rep for the product comes in to check the shelves for the product, but, that the current planogram does not include it. I ended up buying 2 small cookie packages, the ones with the mail-in premiums. They were BOGOF, so, I only used .74 of my GC.

I was completely out of Swiffer WetJet Cleaner and almost out of the pads. Went to CVS, since I have a GC there, and bought those items along with a couple of ECB deals. That was almost $21 on my GC even with $7 in Qs or so. Wouldn't you know it; I got home and compared the package of Swiffer pads to the box I have and I bought the wrong kind. I'll go back tomorrow, get a refund, take that cash to (I hate to say the word) WM and get the kind I need.

The only thing I spent oop today was for a quart of coffee cream, total $2.03 after Q. So, I have spent $31.93 of my available $50 for the month. Ouch! It's going to be a close call, I think.

No worries for the cats. They now have plenty of feed, that is, if the raccoons don't get into it and eat it all. Even though all that raccoon carousing had been going on right under me, I never heard it. I took the carpet up out of my bedroom last week and now I can hear the trap every time it springs.

It is way too hot to eat today. I finally ate a grilled cheese sandwich a bit ago; however, I was sweating the whole time I ate it. There's no way I'm heating up the kitchen tonight for dinner. I might eat some cheese and crackers, but, I'm not making anything. My indoor cat is thinking the same thing; he's been curled up as close to the air conditioning vent as he can get today. It would take a crowbar to get him up.

No comments: