Saturday, August 30, 2008

I'm doing a little better.

Well, today is the last mail day in August and I received a $2 rebate. That means I have $3.06 for the rest of the month. I believe that I will be able to take advantage of a couple of those $3 Planters wyb 3 Kraft items. I can do 3 deals and still have about .42 left. The cocktail peanuts are on sale this week for $3 a can. I can use Kool-Aid for the fillers.

There is a uniquely southern word or phrase that many of you may not be aware of. When you go out to the garden and pick just enough vegetables for tonight's dinner, that's called a "mess of okra" or a "mess of squash." I paid a visit to my parents' house today and came away with a "mess of okra" and too many tomatoes. Tomorrow, I will pan fry that okra, make a potato dish to go with it, find some frozen niblets corn in the freezer, and thaw an Edwards Key Lime Cheesecake. That's going to be some serious eating. I'm thrilled that I was able to make it through August and only spend $50 oop. I don't know about you, but, I think it's a pretty mean feat.

On Monday, I will give a recap of available balances on my various gift cards that will be in play for September. Again, I will budget only $50 oop for the month. Let's see if I can do it again.

No comments: