Sunday, August 24, 2008

I apologize. I'm just too lazy when it comes to preparing dinner.

I was out of town yesterday and ate out with family members. Breakfast was included in my hotel room rate, so, no oop there. I did stop at a convenience market and spend $1.56. My balance for the rest of the month is $3.86.

I started out today with a great plan for dinner. It didn't require too much trouble. I was going to cook some rice and use a Tai Pei frozen entree, garlic shrimp, to pour over the rice. As it approached dinnertime, I was just more and more immobilized by lethargy and pain. I have fibromylagia and I am in constant pain. I ended up with a frozen lasagna entree and a glass of wine. Hey, what's in the freezer is stockpile, too, right?

I took a whole chicken out of the freezer this evening and plan to use the crock pot for it on Tuesday. It won't be thawed in time to use it tomorrow. Someone was kind enough to send me a really good recipe for crock pot chicken. This is interesting. She said to ball up pieces of aluminum foil and put in the bottom of the crock pot so that the chicken does not fall to pieces in its own juices. I'll try it and see if it works out for me. I'm thinking of just rubbing the chicken with a rubbing spice, I think it's McCormick's for chicken, and placing it in the crock pot. After it's finished cooking, I can have a couple of vegetables out of the freezer to go with it. I guess my neighbor will get fed on Tuesday night! It sounds simple enough. I think I can probably get it done. After all, once the chicken has been cooking for 8 hours, I can't just ignore it. I'll have to do something with it. There's nothing like setting up a situation that MAKES me do something out of the ordinary.

I don't normally eat breakfast. I just don't ever get hungry until about noon. I think I'm going to have to start eating breakfast, though. I didn't realize it, but, I have over 20 boxes of breakfast cereal in stock. Oh, that doesn't include all those one-serving boxes I've gotten in the mail. I have 1/2 a sack full of those. I would think that even unopened cereal can go stale after a long while. I don't want to have to throw any of it out, so, I guess I'm going to start eating more cereal. That just means I'll have to buy more milk. No big deal. I think I can squeeze that out of my budget.

No comments: