Thursday, July 17, 2008

The best laid plans...

I had your mouth watering yesterday by describing the dinner I was planning, all from stockpile items. Well, about 3:30 PM, I felt a bit tired, so I thought I'd take a little nap before preparing dinner. I woke up about 9:00 PM, so groggy that I couldn't walk straight, I set the alarm, took my meds, and fell back in the bed and slept all night. I know some of you are jealous; you'd like to just sleep through dinner without 5 or 6 people waking you with, "When's dinner, Mom?" That's the grand thing about living alone; I do what I want, when I want, within reason, of course.

The brownies I took to "my kids" at the law office yesterday were a big hit. I was there this morning and they all had something nice to say to me about them. One accused me of being in "cahoots" with a dentist and that I kept bringing sweets to give them cavities. What an idea! I wish I'd thought of it. That would be a nice little moneymaker, huh?

I ate some yogurt for lunch today. I'm not going to tell you the expiration date; let's just say it tastes the same as the one I ate the first day I bought them. I'm not going to think about it past that point. Dinner tonight? Well, last night's plan, of course!

I'm hoping to get a few rebates in the mail for the remainder of the month. I've got some great Qs that expire 7/31 and I really hate to lose them, but, I am not going back on my challenge. If I lose them, then I just lose them. Others will come along again. I do have one especially good deal that I want to do; I have a Q for $1 off produce when I buy 2 Special K (among other choices) and I have a BOGOF for Special K. That's just too good to pass up. I'm just afraid all my other cereal boxes will get their feelings hurt if I bring in a different kind.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm sure you thought I'd forgotten about you. It sounds as if everything's going smoothly in your neck of the woods. Keep up the great work!