Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I received more rebate money today.

I received a $2.19 rebate today to go with the $2.18 I have left from the month. It looks like I'm going to end the challenge spending no money out of pocket and having $4.37 left over! I could go back to Wal-Mart and buy 3 more Tai Pei entrees. That would still leave me with a dime, I think. As a matter of fact, I'm eating one of those right now with a lovely glass of wine. Yes, it's the middle of the day, but, sometimes, I just deserve it! Actually, the wine is to put the fire out. These things are spicy.

Have you ever had to take a hard line with someone when it was to your own financial detriment? I work for several lawyers in town and get along with everyone, or, so I thought. One of my lawyers called me and chewed me a new one, all based on erroneous information. I went to her office and told her face to face that I would no longer work for her. There were several people present and it was not a pretty sight. She has exhibited a mercurial personality in the past, but, today was over the top. Actually, she's the reason I'm having a celebratory glass of wine in the middle of the day. I could use a few "high-fives" for taking up for myself so forcefully. I didn't say anything that I might later regret. I had 3 things to say, I said them, and I left. The secretary's mouth was hanging open when I walked by her. I know that it will be all over the courthouse by the time it opens in the morning. Big city, but, a small and gossip-y clique within the legal community.

Well, thanks for letting me take a hard left turn there. Just when you thought I was going to talk about my August challenge, I shift gears and tell that story!

Here's the challenge for August: I currently have $50 Rite Aid GC that was free, $53.85 CVS GC, also free. I will be receiving a $25 Walgreens GC soon, again free. All of those are in play as well as any rebates I receive during the month of August. I will budget $50 out of pocket. I must buy cat food and a few basics along the way. Fifty dollars! Gosh, that's nothin' when you go to the store!

Are you with me?

No comments: