Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I'm going to prepare a "country" dinner tonight.

I had never heard of Betty Crocker Seasoned Skillets potato dishes before I saw the close-out tag on the shelf for 1/2 price. With a Q, doubled, they were free, plus tax, of course. I bought all I had Qs for. For dinner tonight, I'm going to prepare a box of roasted garlic and herb lightly seasoned crispy potato slices. Sounds yummy. I'll take a couple of cans of veggies out of stock, use a freezer veggie from stock, and perhaps make some deviled eggs. I have loads of eggs left from a prior triple Q bonanza. I used some of them yesterday and they still smell and taste fresh, although they have been here for a while. The only thing I'm missing is some pickled beets; they really round out a meatless meal. They're loaded with iron and taste great. I could run to the store for a jar, use some of my GC, but, I'm also trying to cut down on car trips to save gas. I guess I'll do without the pickled beets tonight.

I made a pan of brownies yesterday from my stockpile. I have a favorite law office that I work for. They are a great bunch of kids (even the lawyers are kids!) and I take them baked goods pretty often. Shh! Don't tell my other law offices that this one is my favorite. I don't take goodies to any of the others I work for, except at Christmas and Easter.

I'm sure that I will take a plate to my neighbor tonight. It hardly seems worth the effort to cook if I don't share.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you about the best part of tonight's dinner; Sister Schubert's rolls. If you've never tried these, splurge on a bag the next time you have a Q; they taste absolutely heavenly. The great thing is that you can take out only one or two and reseal the bag. No need to prepare a whole pan. Also, they only take 5-8 minutes to warm and brown in a toaster oven.

I don't think I will prepare a dessert tonight. I've been going overboard on the snack type items lately and I need to eat more nutritiously. Cookies are hard to stockpile; they disappear as soon as they get in the house!

Well, dinner's about six, so come on over!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds yummy! Were I close enough, I'd come over to eat.

Good job