Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I gave it all away!

I made the cheesecake, ate one tiny slice, gave the rest of it to my dad and step-mom. I had enough stuff to make 2 banana puddings, gave one to my dad, gave one to my aunt and uncle. I didn't even get to taste it! You know what that means, don't you? I'll have to make another one.

My grocery store often has Emerald nuts BOGOF. There are often good Qs out at the same time. As with all of you, I cannot let something free or nearly free to stay on the store shelf. My dad loves cashews, but, doesn't buy them too much because of the cost (they are expensive if you are not a couponer, but, for us, hah! we laugh at retail). I had an extra so I gave him that, too. You may wonder why I loaded him up with food gifts. Well, he just did a major trim job to my crape myrtle. It would have cost me at least $100 to get a tree trimmer to do it, maybe more. He even went to the expense himself to buy some hedge clippers to do the job. What a dad!

I was thinking about the free Kraft cheese Q wyb 3 other Kraft and related items. I used 3 of those, bought 4 Jell-O singles, 2 boxes of Honey Bunches of Oats, and 3 packs of Kool-Aid. The only thing I had to pay for was the Kool-Aid, .60, and tax on all. The tax, I think, was about $1.25 or so. That was about $20 worth of food and we can pay most, if not all of it, with coupons! Even though there are billions of dollars worth of Qs circulated each year, it still seems as if we couponers are a secret society. If, after doing a deal like that, you feel smug, go ahead and feel smug AND superior. We're a smart group of people and very generous, it would appear from posts on HCW.

No comments: