Saturday, July 26, 2008

No spending, no cooking, no nothing today.

The good news is I didn't spend any money today. The bad news is I didn't cook a decent meal today. My dad helped me pull up all the carpet in my bedroom. I had moved all the furniture out yesterday and he helped with the biggest things going back in, but, I pretty much did it all myself. I got kind of shaky while we were working and I had a candy bar to "sugar me up." Later, after he was gone, I had a grilled cheese sandwich (remember all that free cheese? Gotta use it!) and then took a nap. It's way past dinner time and I'm feeling no hunger at all. I may try to eat some cheese and crackers later, just because I know I need to eat something decent today.

I live in a fairly small house, about 1250 sq. feet, and it was built in 1930. Now, in 1930, I don't believe closets had been invented! I have no closet in my bedrooms. I use rolling garment racks for my clothes. I never had any place to put my purses where I would see them and think to use a different one from time to time. So, today, I put up a bunch of those Command Strips on the wall. You know, it's the ones that come off cleanly and will not take the wallpaper off with them. So, now, I have all my purses on the walls. Surely, now, I can be a bit more color coordinated when I go out the door!

No comments: