Monday, July 7, 2008

I've decided to skip the CVS, Wags, and RA deals this week.

I looked over the ads for CVS, Walgreens, and Rite Aid and decided that there's not a single thing I need. I'm not even tempted to go to the grocery store "just to look around." You know how it is when you have coupons burning a whole in your pocket. "I can't let them go to waste!" I exclaim.

Still eating out of the fridge. Had a gigantic salad today with a glass of wine. It's dinner time now but a baseball game just came on, so, I guess I'll have a glass of tea and a few Goldfish. I truly enjoy watching baseball, but, from the comfort of my own home. A beer doesn't cost $7.50 at my house.

I thought it would be harder to stay out of the grocery store when I started this experiment. When I first started, the urge was still there every day to go to the store "just for a thing or two." That urge is diminishing as the days go by. I might actually be able to go through July 31 without spending any money out of pocket on groceries.

No comments: