Monday, July 14, 2008

I used some of my free gift card today.

As I have mentioned before, freezing Lactaid doesn't work. It doesn't work for 1/2 and 1/2, either. I had to throw away 2- 1/2 gallons of Lactaid and 1 quart of 1/2 and 1/2. Because of that, I had to go to the store today for those items and I thought that while I was there, I'd redeem some of my free Qs. I had 2 free Honey Bunches of Oats and a free Jello-O singles in order to get the free cheese. I was able to get a 2nd free cheese by buying 3 packages of Kool-Aid at .20 each. The new Pantene Beautiful Lengths was on sale for $3; I had a manufacturer's Q for $2 and a Bi-Lo Q for $1. Basically, I paid for the milk, the 1/2 and 1/2, and tax. My total after Qs was $6.98. That leaves $9.55 on my GC for the rest of the month. I redeemed $17.69 in Qs.

I had a new prescription filled today and received a $30 CVS GC. I saw my gastro doctor (actually, nurse practitioner and she's smarter than the doc!) today and she thinks that I may have acid reflux with atypical symptoms. She thinks that might be triggering the esophagial spasms and some hoarseness that I have been experiencing. She's concerned about my weight loss, 12 pounds since I saw her 6 months ago. Anyway, we are going to try Prevacid for a while and see if it helps with the spasms.

So, to recap, I have at my disposal for the rest of the month, $2.80 cash from rebates, $9.55 Bi-Lo GC, $50 Rite Aid GC, and $30 CVS GC.

No comments: