Saturday, July 5, 2008

Reynolds Handi-Vac

I don't usually do product promotions, but, I'll have to say that the new Reynolds Handi-Vac is a great little gadget, especially if you live alone or if it is just 2 of you in the household. I sometimes buy shrimp (only if it's BOGOF!) and a pound is just way too much for me to eat. Also, if you keep it too long, even in the original packaging, you will get freezer burn. Now, I divide up a bag of shrimp in individual bags, using the Handi-Vac. I'm getting a much better result and I can limit myself up front as to portion control. It also works well when I pre-cook my ground beef for spaghetti sauce. I brown the meat, fill a bag with as much as I want for a jar of sauce, and freeze. All you have to do is add it, even frozen, to the sauce and heat until the meat is hot and the sauce bubbly. When I am feeling especially "Betty Crocker-ish," I will do several of these and freeze.

I am traveling about 150 miles today and will be staying overnight. The hotel I'm using has a fridge and microwave, so, I may just take a single-serve entree with me and eat in. I used to get all excited about finding new restaurants when out of town; now, though, I just don't want much to eat and feel that I'm wasting a lot when I eat out. When I do go out, an appetizer is all I can manage. It's too bad there won't be the usual Q inserts in tomorrow's paper. I'm going to a major city where I am sure the inserts are better than mine. My trip would be at a time when I can't get any better Qs! Of course!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been wondering about the handi-vac. I wasn't sure if it worked really good or not. Might have to find a coupon and give it a try.