Thursday, July 3, 2008

I spent some of my rebate money today.

The day I started this experiment, June 26, I received a $3.49 rebate in the mail from a past purchase. I had decided that rebate money could be spent during this period. On June 29, I spent $2.27 of it, leaving me $1.22. Today, buying some grocery items at Walgreens, I spent .75, leaving me with .47 to "play" with.

I had a $5.50 Register Rewards coupon from Walgreens that expired tomorrow, so, I thought I'd better make use of it quickly. I found the 24 oz. Dole peaches in the plastic jar 2/$5. That is about what I would pay at my regular grocery store, so, I thought it was a pretty good deal, considering the coupon I needed to use. I had to buy a "filler" item to get the total to $5.50. I chose a candy bar @ .79, so, after coupon, I owed .75, which was mostly tax.

Until I receive more rebates in the mail, I will have to rely exclusively on the gift cards I have on hand; Bi-Lo and Rite-Aid. I also have ECBs for CVS, but, tax still has to be paid on purchases at CVS, so, I'll have to wait on a rebate before I can redeem my ECBs. I know some couponers could go into CVS with $11.99 in ECBs and have .47 or even less in out-of-pocket, but, I don't think I'm at quite that level.

No comments: