Monday, July 21, 2008

Woops! I went on a coupon frenzy.

As hard as I've tried to ignore it, sometimes the coupon frenzy hits. It's happened to you, too. I went to Walgreens this morning and just had to take advantage of the razors with the $2 IVC + $2 Q. I also had 2 Qs for Reynolds aluminum foil, so, I got 2. I ended up spending from my $24.90 cash available, $4.03. Next, I went to CVS and bought 4 packs of the Trident Xtra Care gum. They are BOGOF this week and I had a BOGOF Q and a .75 Q. That total came to .82, however, I have a free CVS GC, so, that didn't take any off of my available money. Also, I got $2 ECB, I guess besides being BOGOF, there's an ECB deal with the gum, too. Then, I went to Bi-Lo. I had some really good Qs that were about to expire and I went a little overboard. I used up the $9.55 I had left on my free GC and had to pay $7.82 out of my rebate money. With the 3 stops, though, I redeemed $21.14 in Qs.

I had a Q for Special K BOGOF and a Q for $1 off produce when buying 2 Special K. The 12oz box was $3.55 and the 18oz box was only $3.50. So, for $3.50, I got 2 huge boxes of cereal and some bananas and a lemon. I recently received some Michael Angelo's BOGOF Qs. I bought 4 of them today for a total of $7.50. I also had $1 Q off a bag of salad. It was BOGOF this week, $1.24 for each. For a quarter for a bag of salad, I guess I'll eat salad 2 or 3 times this week.

To recap, I have left to spend for this month: $13.02 cash from rebates, $54.18 free CVS GC, $50 free Rite Aid GC. I also have $18.99 in ECBs which I will spend next Sunday on the coke deal.

I feel like I've let you down by giving in to the call of the Q. You all know how hard it is to not use a good Q just because you have it. I am down to only 10 days left of my challenge, so, I should be able to make it on $13.02.

I had enough MyPoints to order a $25 Walgreens GC. I guess I'll get that in a couple of weeks. I applied for the MyPoints Visa credit card and received something like 3,800 bonus points for my first use of the card. Now that I've used it once and have gotten the points, that credit card is going into my lock box so I won't use it anymore. I don't really have a problem with credit cards. I have a lot because they all came with bonus points for hotels, airlines, MyPoints, etc. I have a main card I use for most of my monthly purchases and pay it off in full every month. I have a balance on one from having to charge a root canal and I have a balance on some old debt on another one. Both of those are at 4.9% and 5.9% interest, so, I'm not being eaten up by compound interest. Since I'm not spending any money on groceries this month, I can make a much larger payment on the root canal bill.

I'm still looking for the Bundinos. I have a Q that expires 7/31, I think, and then there's the TMF rebate. With the Q, that's a moneymaker, if I could only find it!

No comments: