Friday, July 18, 2008

I was able to stay awake through dinner last night...and tonight.

Dinner went as planned last night, although, I admit that I fell asleep as soon as I ate. At least, that time it was AFTER dinner and not BEFORE! I took dinner to my neighbor, as planned. Oh, you know how I went on about Sister Schubert's rolls? Well, I put 2 in the toaster oven while I was preparing dinner. Boxed everything up, went next door, came home, ate my dinner. Late last night, while lying in bed, I remembered the rolls., They were still in the oven!

Today I received a $20 rebate from Miller Lite. Now I have a whopping $24.90 to play with besides my GC. Woo-hoo!

I made dinner tonight completely from stockpile items; chicken and dumplings, green bean casserole (yes, I finally used a can of those French's fried onions!), baked beans, and macaroni and cheese. I saw no reason for bread, having both dumplings and pasta. I took everything next door, plus a tomato from my dad's garden and also a small container of Jell-O rice pudding.

My neighbor came over today, bearing gifts. He said he felt bad about not giving me anything and I've been feeding him since last winter. He brought a big botttle of Sutter Home white zinfandel, my favorite, a cucumber, and a beautiful cantelope. Not a bad trade, a few meals for a 1.5 liter bottle of wine! Oh, yes, since I got 39 boxes of Tetley Tea free w/ BOGOF and doubles, I gave him 2 boxes of the 24-ct quart size bags.

I'm planning a big purchase on July 27. CVS is having 12-pack cokes 4/$11. I'm going to buy 8 packs, use $16.99 in ECBs, 2- $1 Qs, and the rest, $3.XX, on my free gift card. I might have too much shampoo in my house, but, it is impossible to have too much classic Coca-Cola.

I guess tomorrow night will be a repeat of tonight. I have enough leftovers for another meal. I suppose my neighbor can get by one night without me.

As you can see, I'm not living on rice and beans or breakfast cereal. Oh, that reminds me; I'm going to have to start eating breakfast. I think I have about 20 boxes of cereal in the house.

It's the 18th of July, the 23rd day of my challenge. I think I've done pretty good, so far.

I'm still waiting for a crock pot recipe for a whole chicken. Come on, put on your thinking caps!

No comments: