Friday, July 25, 2008

No spending today.

I have some of those $3/2 Head & Shoulders and I suspect that Wal-Mart has them at a price that will make them free. I have so far denied my urges to go look.

Lunch today was some of that beef stew I made about a month ago. I packed it in individual servings in the freezer. Makes it easy to have some on the spur of the moment. I had a lot of heavy lifting work to do around the house today, so, tonight was a lazy man's dinner; a frozen single-serve entree.

Tomorrow, I MUST eat salad. The salad is still fresh, but, my dad's tomatoes are getting too ripe. I know he throws away a lot of tomatoes in a season but I don't want to be the one to do it. There are a few other things in the fridge that need immediate attention or they'll have to be thrown out. I guess I'll forage in the refrigerator for a couple of days. I've got gobs of work to do tomorrow; I'm pulling up the carpet in my bedroom. That means all furniture, clothes, shoes, TV, etc. have to come out, then the carpet has to be pried up, rolled up, the padding needs all the tacks and staples pulled out, and then all the furniture, etc. needs to go back in. I'll be lucky if I have the energy to make a salad! I have 2 more rooms of carpet to come up, but, I just can't do it all in one day. I'll have to tackle them a few days apart.

I put all the cats outside yesterday. The little ones wouldn't leave the front steps and wouldn't even go in the basement this morning when I went down to feed them. I corralled them and took them inside the basement and showed them where the food and water was. I checked on them several times today; they were content to lie about in the basement. Miss Kitty, the one year old, really likes it outside quite a bit. She's more familiar with the basement and the window through which they can easily come and go. It's too small for a dog to get in the basement, so, they are safe. Well, as safe as they can be. I've trapped 3 raccoons in the basement in the past week. I use humane traps and my dad carries them off into the country and lets them out near a creek. It's probably 20 miles from here, so I know I'm not catching the same ones over and over. Since I started trapping them a few months ago, I've gotten a dozen. I think the kittens are smart enough to scurry out of the way if one comes in tonight. 'Coons can climb pretty well, but, I think my kittens are better at it. Besides, raccoons rarely kill other animals. They like easy food, like cat food in the dish! Then, if all goes well, they will go for the cat food in the trap.

I'm doing well on food and quite frankly, I can't think of a thing I need. I think I could go the rest of the month and not buy any. Oh, wait, I forgot about the cokes at CVS this Sunday. Gotta do that deal.

No comments: