Saturday, July 19, 2008

Good things in the mail today.

I received $20 GC to Olive Garden today. It was from a website where you collect points for reading emails or some such thing. Anyway, it seems to be worth whatever effort I've put into it. Come to think of it, I haven't eaten out at all this month. I have gotten a few cups of coffee at McD's.

I received a trade today with BOGOF Qs for Michael Angelo's single serve entrees. Yeah! I can use those on lazy nights.

I'm not quite sure if I will eat my leftovers tonight or spaghetti (also a leftover, so, I guess it's a choice between leftovers or leftovers!). Last night's dinner was pretty good. I had never made the green bean casserole before. I really liked it. Actually, tonight might be a lazy night as baseball starts in 20 minutes and will go on through 10pm or so.

I think this "no spending" month is getting easier every day. There's nothing that I just have to buy. I can easily have nutritious meals through the end of the month. I would like to have some ice cream, but, I'm not ready to dig into my reserves of GC and rebate money to pay for it. It actually seems pretty easy to do without the extras.

Since I began the challenge on June 26, I have received $28.98 in rebates. I have $24.90 of that left. I started out with a $20 GC to my local grocery and still have $9.55 on that card. I haven't used any of my free GC for CVS and Rite Aid yet this month. Pretty good, huh?

1 comment:

Jen said...

You've NEVER made green bean casserole? Oh dear. I make that even when it's not Thanksgiving or Christmas. It is SO good!