Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Some added bonuses yesterday.

I received a $25 CVS GC in the mail yesterday from MyPoints. I also received $2 in rebates. Now, I've got a little wiggle room to stay within my ZERO out of pocket spending for July.

When I started this blog, my intent was to show you how to use your stockpile and maximize what you already have. Somehow, my blog has been highjacked by my health problems. I know it doesn't help a family of four to learn how to better use their stockpile when all I ever tell you is that I didn't eat today because I didn't feel like it. I really wanted this to be all about couponing, getting free GC, and using stockpiled items. I did use one stockpile item yesterday; I ate a small can of pork and beans. Other than that, I did finally get around to baking a loaf of bread. I tried to eat a sandwich but that didn't work out too well.

I am determined to have some spaghetti tonight. It's been in the fridge a couple of days and I don't like to keep leftovers more than just a few days. I have garlic toast and garlic loaves in the freezer, so, I will probably prepare some bread to go with the spaghetti.

I really enjoyed being able to use so many free Qs yesterday at the grocery store. My regular cashier was on duty and he even made a remark that my coupons were more than twice than the amount I "paid" with my free GC. He is really on my side when it comes to couponing. If the machine balks at something, he will just have the manager come key in his code and then keep on taking off the Qs. He has been there so many years that management doesn't even ask him why he needs their key and code, they just do it.

One item that I really need right now is a box of the Reynolds Handi-Vac bags. I had a Q that expired yesterday. My usual store doesn't even carry that product yet. I would have had to go to Wal-Mart and pay cash and I just wasn't willing to use my rebate money that way. I can wait. There will be other Qs for it and hopefully my store will start carrying it soon.

No comments: