Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I try to eat, but, it's hard sometimes.

Yesterday, I managed to eat 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich and a big salad. The salad had a lot of "stuff" in it; boiled egg, cheese, tomato, and croutons. I like to have something to chew on besides lettuce. I'm going to have that again today for lunch and for dinner, I'm definitely using up the last of the spaghetti sauce. I had it in the freezer until a couple of days ago, so it should be fine.

I made a cheesecake in a chocolate cookie crust today. I made it to take to my favorite law firm, but, I'm thinking I may just keep it! It was a mix out of stockpile and a crust out of stockpile. I did buy some milk yesterday to make it with. I drink Lactaid and the directions said you might have an unfavorable outcome if you use lactose free, non-fat, skim milk. I also have all the "fixin's" for a banana pudding. That would use the wafers, instant Jell-O pudding mix, a container of cool whip I have in the fridge, and would use more of the milk I bought yesterday for the cheesecake. Oh, yes, I had a Q for $1 off produce yesterday, so, I have bananas. I guess I could take the banana pudding to the law firm. Maybe I'll give it to my dad. After all, he's 77 and mows my yard every week. He does all the trim work and is in the process of trimming back a gigantic crape myrtle. He does a lot of repairs around the house. He buys all the gas for the lawn mower. He's not rich by any means. They are like me, they get by. I suppose you've guessed by now that sharing is the fun part of having a good stockpile.

I mentioned a few days ago about the coke deal at CVS starting next Sunday. I think I said I would use 2 $1 Qs. In fact, I can use 4 $1 Qs when I buy 8 fridge packs. I have enough ECB to bring it down to tax only.

I have enough cat food and litter to last until the end of the month, so, no worries there. I am going to have to buy cat food in August. I suppose I can't continue the ZERO grocery budget into next month. I might, though, designate a small amount of money for August and keep working on my stockpile. It's been a fun exercise for July and I'd like to continue it in some form or another.

No comments: